Your teen or young adult needs a game plan for landing a job and eventually a career they love. In this online self-study course, Ken Coleman teaches students how to get clear on their talents, passion, and mission. He then takes a deep dive into how to make connections using the Proximity Principle, draft a resume, and ace interviews. This online course will give your student the confidence they need to take control of their future and succeed in today’s job market. This online course is appropriate for ages 13-19.
How It Works:
Once you purchase the curriculum, you’ll receive a link and a unique online class code. Follow the instructions on the email to register. You’ll have access to the online course for one year beginning when you first redeem the class code.
If I have multiple children can they all use the same copy of the curriculum?
The Self-Study edition of the curriculum is intended for one student as the assessments included in the course can only be completed once.
- Fully digital content—all you need is a computer or tablet and internet access
- Stand-alone chapters that can be used in any order
Customer Ratings and Reviews
About Ken Coleman
Number of Assessments: 16
Number of Chapters: 4
Certificate of Achievement: No
Hours of Video: 1.5
Approximate Time Needed to Complete the Course: 6-7 hours
Applicable for School Credit: We provide educational content. We do not provide course credit; however, you may submit a request for course credit to your teen’s school or education system. Once your teen completes the course in its entirety, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a certificate of completion. Please allow 2-3 business days for delivery of the certificate. The awarding of course credit is at the school’s or education system’s discretion.
- Module 1: Self-Discovery
- Guides students to determine their talent, passion, and mission. Students will be led through a self-discovery process of determining what they do best, what they love to do most, and what results matter the most to them. Then, students will begin to identify what their dream job is.
- Module 2: The Proximity Principle
- Defines The Proximity Principle: the right people + the right places = opportunity. Students will learn how to put this principle into practice by networking and making connections. They will learn how to develop their personal brand, make the most of their first job, and get tips on finding an internship.
- Module 3: How to Win at Interviewing
- Addresses the interview process from start to finish: writing a resumé, drafting a cover letter, preparing for and acing the interview, and following up after it. This module gives valuable information about what students need to know about interviewing.
- Module 4: Getting Your Dream Job
- Prepares students to pursue their dream career. This module explains the value of an entrepreneurial mindset and how entrepreneurship skills can help in any job. Students will learn how to land their dream job by gaining an understanding of the importance of mentorship, learning from failure, and staying motivated in all stages of their journey.
You May Also Like
Are there assessments?
I have multiple children. Can they all use the same copy of the curriculum?
How long do I have to activate my course?
Shipping & Delivery
Online Access Code
When you purchase a voucher item, you'll receive an email after completing your order. In this email you'll be provided both a link and a unique online access code. To access your product, click on the link and enter your unique voucher code when prompted.