Your Employer's Life Insurance Isn't Your Best Option. Here's Why.
It's Rarely the Right Type and Never Enough
- Your employer may not offer a term life insurance policy—the best kind to have. Anything but term life insurance is a rip-off.
- Employer policies are often too small—$25,000 to $50,000. You actually need 10–12 times your annual income.
- Your employer can decide to stop offering life insurance as a benefit and cancel your policy, even without your consent.
- You need a policy you can control.
You're in Trouble if You Leave Your Job
- Group life insurance from your employer ends the minute you turn in your ID badge.
- You can’t keep any policy when you leave, even if you’re laid off or let go without warning.
- If you wait to get a new policy on your own, the rates only get more expensive as you get older.
- If you get sick and have to leave your job, you lose your life insurance. By then it’ll be tough to get life insurance on an open market.
Converting Group to Individual is Risky
- In some cases, you can convert your group policy to an individual policy, but only if two things happen: Your policy includes a conversion privilege and you either get fired or your company stops offering the benefit.
- You only have 31 days to convert to an individual policy.
- You can only get the amount equal to or less than the group insurance you had.
Why Should I Use Zander Insurance?
Zander Life Insurance is the only company Dave recommends because they believe in Dave’s plan and they’ll treat you the way the folks at Ramsey would. Zander is a different kind of company. They are an independent agent that actually shops different life insurance providers to find an affordable policy that fits you and your family’s needs. Plus, they walk alongside you the entire way. And we think that’s a great way to do business.
"I took a new job for a substantial pay raise, but I lost the life insurance I had at my previous company. I had heard Dave Ramsey talk about Zander Insurance and used them to shop for a policy that fit. Their customer service made it easy to apply for and get insurance. I would definitely recommend using them to a friend!"
— Thomas T.
Take Responsibility. Take Care of Life Insurance Now in Three Easy Steps!
Build Your QuoteProvide your basic information to get a list of providers and prices customized for you.
Choose a PlanYou'll get to pick from your list of top providers with competitive rates!
Confirm With ZanderSit back, and Zander will guide you throughout the rest of the process.
Build Your Quote
We need just a few details about you to give you accurate quotes.
The life insurance quotes are estimates based on the health class you have selected. Final rates are always subject to underwriting approval by the insurance company. There are many factors involved in the final approval price, such as (but not limited to) health history, lab results, family history and driving record.
The Lampo Group, LLC, through daveramsey.com, provides advertising for third parties, including Zander Insurance Group. This form is provided as a direct link to Zander Insurance Group’s site. Information submitted by you is collected, stored and/or used by Zander Insurance Group for the purpose of providing the insurance quotes you request. Daveramsey.com, with your permission, collects only your name, phone number, email address and postal code. All other information, necessary for the generation of an insurance quote, submitted on this form is directly linked to Zander Insurance Group’s site and is in no way collected, reviewed or stored by daveramsey.com. Likewise, all quotes are solely provided by Zander Insurance Group and are not generated or provided by daveramsey.com. The Lampo Group, LLC, is not an insurance company or insurance producer and does not warrant any sites, services or information provided by Zander Insurance Group.
We do not sell your personal information to anyone. You will not receive unsolicited, intrusive calls or emails from other agents and companies across the country. If you do provide your telephone number, a Zander representative or their partners may call or text message/SMS you at the phone number(s) above, including your wireless number if provided. Normal charges may apply. This call may be generated using an automated technology, and if the representative is unable to reach you when they call, they may leave you a prerecorded message so you can call them back. Your consent to recieve phone calls is not required to get a quote or make a purchase and may be revoked at any time. You may simply call us at 800.356.4282. (Sorry for the long, boring disclaimer... our attorney made us do it.)
Determine Your Health Level
Using the “Health Factors” and “Height and Weight” charts below, choose one of the four health classes. Each company has different criteria, so these guidelines have been combined and simplified to give you the best chance of choosing your actual health class. Don’t worry, Zander will make sure your health class is accurate.