Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the difference between Momentum and Financial Peace University?
- Momentum is a proven framework for immersing an entire congregation into biblical principles for wise financial management. It provides resources for both personal and collective long-term transformation. Financial Peace University is Dave Ramsey's 9-week financial discipleship curriculum for individuals and small groups. When used in the context of Momentum, this course provides hands-on application of biblical stewardship principles. In sum, FPU lasts 9 weeks, and Momentum is an ongoing journey that doesn’t have an end date.
- What's the goal of Momentum?
- Momentum is designed to help church leaders transform the giving culture of the church into one of unmistakable generosity from financially healthy families.
- What is the price of Momentum?
- There are a couple of variables to consider: the size of your congregation and the time at which your team registers for training. For the best pricing and promotional options for your team, please contact a Stewardship Advisor at 1-877-378-2667.
- Where is the Momentum training?
- The Momentum trainings are hosted at various locations around the country.
- How long is the training?
- Monday 8:30am - 5:30pm (Lunch and snacks are provided)
Tuesday 8:30am - 1:00pm (Box lunch is provided)
- Is church debt really all that bad?
- Yes. The stability and strength of a church is undermined by a foundation of debt. A church with debt is just one major crisis away from being forced to close.
- Isn't it God's will to "grow" the church of Jesus Christ?
- Absolutely. But it's not God's will for this generation to pass our debt to the next generation. We can't ignore the impact of financial slavery on their future.
- We truly believe that God is leading our church to build. Isn't Momentum asking us to ignore God's will for our ministry?
- Not at all. We just want you to think about this: In Scripture, where do we see God ever leading His Church, the bride of Christ, into financial bondage—either "manageable" or otherwise? Churches have other options for meeting space.