Enter the Giveaway
"Summer Cash Kickoff" Official Rules
- Who is eligible: You must be a legal resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and at least 18 years of age. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING ANY APPLICABLE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Who is not eligible: You are not eligible if you are an officer or employee of the sponsor or of radio stations carrying The Dave Ramsey Show®; Endorsed Local Providers of sponsor or SmartVestor Pros or sponsor trained Counselors; persons working on this sweepstakes at any level in any capacity or working for any outside companies or agencies involved in the sweepstakes, or if any of your immediate family members fall into any of these categories.
- How to Enter: Enter this contest by completing and submitting the form found at DaveRamsey.com or Stewardship.com. All entries must be completed and received by sponsor during the Entry Period for the entrant to be qualified to win. Limit one entry per person per day of the entry period.
Entry Periods: The sweepstakes shall consist of four consecutive entry periods. The entry periods shall begin at 12:01 a.m. CST on the beginning date and end at 11:59 p.m. CST on the ending date. The sweepstakes periods are:
Period Entry Period 1 May 1, 2017 to May 7, 2017 2 May 8, 2017 to May 15, 2017 3 May 16, 2017 to May 23, 2017 4 May 24, 2017 to May 31, 2017
The Drawing: During each Sweepstakes Period, entrant names will be randomly drawn via computer program. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of entries. A prize winner is the first name drawn having met all requirements for entry and availability in these rules. For prizes for each drawing/sweepstakes period, see table below. Prizes are as follows:
Period/Entry Period Prize 1 $4,000.00 2 $8,000.00 3 $4,000.00 4 $4,000.00
- Necessary Availability: Unless otherwise stated herein or prohibited by law, any entrant who is selected as a prize winner will be contacted by phone by Dave Ramsey or his team members. Only one call will be attempted. If contact is unsuccessful, entrant names will be randomly drawn via computer program until a name drawn meets all requirement for entry and availability in these rules. Winners may or may not be announced on The Dave Ramsey Show®. The Winning Entrants who are successfully contacted by phone must also be available to appear by telephone on The Dave Ramsey Show®, should The Lampo Group request this as part of the winner's announcement, unless prohibited by law. By entering, you grant us the right to use and publish your name, city and state of residence online, in print, email, and any other media in connection with this year's sweepstakes but not as an endorsement of any business or service.
- Winner's Obligations: The prize winners are required to execute an affidavit of eligibility as well as a sponsors' liability and releases within five days following the date of notification. Non-compliance within these obligations may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. The winner grants to The Lampo Group, LLC the right to use and publish their names and appropriate images in print and in any other media in connection with this promotion, for advertising and promotional purposes of this giveaway and contest without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The winner must sign and return an appropriate IRS form before receiving a prize. Winners must satisfy all obligations and sponsor must receive all required fully executed documents within ten (10) business days of notice of winning.
- Entries: You may enter only one time during each 24-hour calendar day of the sweepstakes. Entries count only for the sweepstakes period in which they were received. Entries do not carry over to another entry period. Multiple automated entries, or entries submitted by others on your behalf, or entries submitted by you using different identities or addresses, will be considered fraudulent, rendering you ineligible for any prize on any day. Incomplete entries will not be eligible to win.
- Prize Values: Over the life of the sweepstakes cash will be given away. The total value of all prizes awarded, during the sweepstakes will be $20,000.
- Entries not received: The sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries; or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the property of the sponsor and will not be returned. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Neither product purchases nor email or mobile opt-ins will increase an individual's chances of winning. Sponsor reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest and giveaway if anything required for its conduct should malfunction or be deemed illegal.
- Taxes: All taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the prize winners. Winners must sign an IRS Form W-9 before receiving any prize. The sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099 for your winnings. Pursuant to IRS Circular 230, these Rules nor any other communication regarding this contest and giveaway is for the purpose of helping you avoid any penalties that may be imposed by federal tax law, and no affected taxpayer may use this contest or its rules in that manner.
- Entrant's agreement: By entering, you unconditionally agree to and accept the terms of these official rules and by the decisions we make regarding this giveaway and contest, which are final and binding on all matters. If you do not agree to that, please do not enter. Receipt of prizes is dependent upon full, timely completion of all requirements.
- Announcing winners: Sponsor shall be required to make one attempt to reach winners for notice of winning. The method of contact shall be subject to sponsor's sole discretion. Winners not contacted by phone at the time of their selection will be notified by e-mail and/or by a later telephone call, and still may be announced live during the Dave Ramsey Show® on the radio or via one of our email newsletters.
- Entrant's release: Entrants, agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the sweepstakes or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Williamson County, Tennessee; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering but in no event attorney's fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entry hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages increased or multiplied. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT EXLCUSION OF LIABILTIY FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues or questions concerning validity, construction, interpretation or enforceability of these rules, entrant's rights or obligations, or the rights or obligations of the sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to any choice of law rules.
- Termination of Sweepstakes: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the sweepstakes if anything required for its conduct should malfunction or be deemed illegal. Should this sweepstakes be terminated prior to the end of any entry period, which we may do at our sole discretion, a notice will be posted on https://www.daveramsey.com/giveaway.
- Jurisdiction and Venue: Tennessee law applies to this sweepstakes. Void where prohibited for any reason. All disputes resulting in legal action shall be resolved in the state or federal courts having jurisdiction over Williamson County, Tennessee, and entrant consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. Should sponsor find it necessary to seek legal assistance to enforce its rights, it shall be entitled to recover its reasonable legal expenses and attorney's fees.
- Disclaimer: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for anything that happens outside of our control to delay or prevent your entry, and we assume no responsibility for anything within our control that delays or prevents your entry except where by the exercise of ordinary care we could have kept it from happening or promptly corrected it. Sponsor assumes no liability whatsoever related to the prize, including any tax or other issues associated with acceptance, use of the prize, or contracting with the prize provider. Sponsor is not responsible for any tax implications of the acceptance of any prize and makes no representation regarding the tax implications of accepting the prize or using any service of prize provider.
- Winners' list: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Lampo Group, 1749 Mallory Lane, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027, Attn. Summer Cash Kickoff Winners - Marketing Department. Unless otherwise required by law, requests received after one month following the drawing date will not be filled.
- The sponsor: This giveaway is sponsored by us, The Lampo Group, LLC, 1749 Mallory Lane, Brentwood, Tennessee 37027.
- Rights claimed: This sweepstakes and these Rules are Copyright 2017 by Lampo Licensing, LLC, and all rights are reserved. All rights to our trademarks and trade names owned by Lampo Licensing, LLC, and its affiliates, are likewise reserved.