Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Financial Peace University?
Financial Peace University is the class that starts you on your journey to never worry about money again. Based on biblical principles, our nine lessons show you how to budget, pay off debt, save, invest for your future, and give generously. Think of it as a crash course in how to win with money!
With a Financial Peace Membership, you get access to incredible content and tools that’ll help you crush your money goals. Your membership includes:
- Nine Video Lessons: Dave Ramsey, Rachel Cruze and Chris Hogan teach you how to get ahead with money using our proven plan—The 7 Baby Steps.
- Financial Peace University Workbook: The workbook helps you follow along with each video lesson. You’ll also have space to jot down your money goals and dreams.
- EveryDollar Plus: It’s the world’s best budgeting app! It helps you give every dollar a job, and it connects to your bank so you can automatically sync your budget with your transactions.
- Livestreams: You’ll get online access to our world-class live events that cover money, marriage, leadership and more.
- Community: You’re never alone on the journey. Connect online with like-minded people for inspiration and encouragement.
- Coaching: Need to ask our trusted coaches your specific questions? Great! They’ve got you covered.
- Digital Tools: Our apps and interactive tools keep you on track and help you work the plan faster.
- Bonus Content: You’ll get instant access to The Legacy Journey and Smart Money Smart Kids.
- And More: We’re constantly adding new content and tools to help you on your journey.
As a Financial Peace member, you can access all of this in one place—financial peace.com!
- Who is Financial Peace University for?
Anyone and everyone! Whether you’re trying to get out of debt or save for retirement, you’ll learn God’s and grandma’s ways of handling money. No matter where you are in your financial journey, Financial Peace University helps you reach your goals faster!
- What’s the difference between Financial Peace University and The Total Money Makeover?
In The Total Money Makeover, Dave Ramsey condenses his 25+ years of financial teaching and counseling into seven organized, easy-to-follow steps. Financial Peace University takes the core principles from The Total Money Makeover and puts them in a video-lesson format for a more interactive experience. Both products work great on their own or together!
- How long is Financial Peace University?
Financial Peace University is made up of nine video lessons. You can go through the lessons at your own pace at home. Or you can join a local class and go through it with others. Most classes meet once a week for nine weeks. Traditional classes meet for about 90 minutes to watch and discuss each video lesson together. In a Flex class, you’ll watch the video lessons on your own and then meet for about an hour to talk about what you learned with your class.
- Where can I find a Financial Peace University class near me?
You can use the Class Finder tool to search for classes that meet in your area. If you find one you’re interested in, click the Join button next to the class. If you have an active Financial Peace Membership, you can sign in to your account at www.financialpeace.com and choose Join a Class from the main menu. You can join a class at any time during your membership.
- Is there childcare available for classes?
Some classes offer childcare and others don’t. When you search for classes near you, you’ll be able to see the details of each class or reach out to the coordinator before you register.
- Is Financial Peace University online?
Yes! With a Financial Peace Membership, you can access all the content online whenever you want. Or you can go through the lessons with others by joining a class in your area.
- How much does Financial Peace University cost?
A Financial Peace Membership costs $129.99 and lasts for one year. It also includes the EveryDollar Plus budgeting app (a $99/year value) and plenty of other amazing tools. After a year, you can renew your membership for $99/year.
- Does my membership cover my spouse?
Yes, married couples only need one Financial Peace Membership.
- Does Financial Peace University work?
Nearly 6 million people have gone through Financial Peace University. Our course gives you the knowledge and tools to go from where you are to where you want to be with money. But Dave teaches in lesson one that personal finance is 80% behavior and 20% head knowledge. That means it’s up to YOU to apply the teaching and change your money habits.
The average person who goes through Financial Peace University pays off $5,300 of debt and saves $2,700 in the first 90 days! When folks apply what we teach with focus and intensity, they can do things like this!