Check out these four tricks used to get you to spend more (without you knowing it).
3 Minute Read
It was a tough decision, but we narrowed it down to the top five submissions from Twitter and the top five from Facebook. Winners received a signed copy of Dave's The Total Money Makeover book.
Local experts you can trust. Find an ELP
Twitter: Top 5
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if you've haggled/negotiated at the Dollar Store. – @JoshWoodtx
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if you have more Craigslist listings than friends on Facebook! - @Caryguydaryl
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if you call Dave more than you call your own mother! - @Frantastc4
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if your cell phone caller ID has your spouse listed as NERD or FREE SPIRIT when they call! - @Richardluciano1
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if your kids carry around an envelope labeled "Ice Cream Truck." - @WildwoodTap
Facebook: Top 5
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if your children start appraising their friend's toys for their garage sale potential & tell them "don't worry, the pain is temporary." – Dan C.
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if you say to your spouse "I'm only going on vacation to that city, IF they carry the Dave Ramsey radio show there!" – Edi M.
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if your kids cry when Dave is on the radio, because they think he wants you to sell their stuff! – Kirsten V.
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if you watch horror movies to get ideas of what to do to your credit cards! – Rustin C.
- You might be a Dave Ramsey fan if your kids think the condiment counter at McDonalds is the "grocery store". – Michael S.
- You hear someone say, "I got a $2,000 car" and you think, "I could have bought at least two for that!"
- Your girls are playing store and your five-year-old tells on your three-year-old for pretending to use credit instead of debit. (really happened!)
- The word "pinto" describes both your mode of transportation and what you eat to get out of debt!
- You accidently put a price tag on your children during your last yard sale!
- You go to weddings and ask for the leftover rice!
- Your 401(k) is worth more than your car, and your car is older than your college-aged daughter!
- You tell your kids that if they really want McDonalds, it will have to come out of their college savings account.
- You’ve been caught delivering pizza to your day-job boss! (it happened to me!)
- You enter THIS contest because actually buying the book is not in the budget!
Got another funny one? Post a comment below.