Tax Tips for Ministers

1 Minute Read

If you are a minister, your earnings are subject to the self-employed tax unless you receive an exemption. If you are conscientiously opposed to public insurance because of your religious beliefs, then you can claim an exemption.

Remember, this exemption is permanent. But, you should do so because you'll keep more of the money you earn and can thus make better investment choices with it. Check with one of our Endorsed Local Providers (ELPs) for more information.


Local experts you can trust. Find an ELP

More from the Blog

Pay Cash For Christmas? You Can!

Start Today!

Reach Your Money Goals

See More
Everydollar website

Reach Your Money Goals

Start with a budget. Join the millions already budgeting with EveryDollar!

Create My (FREE) Budget Back to Article Learn More

Thank You!

A confirmation email is on its way to !

Next: Reach Your Money Goals