Check out these four tricks used to get you to spend more (without you knowing it).
2 Minute Read
March 17 is the day set aside to celebrate the feast day of St. Patrick, who, by his preaching and good example, became Ireland's beloved patron saint. St. Patrick played a huge role in spreading Christianity to Ireland in the fifth century. With the holiday just around the corner, it’s time to make plans to celebrate all things Irish, green and in this case, sweet!
Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
Makes 20–21 cupcakes
Local experts you can trust.Find an ELP
1 package devil’s food cake mix (regular size)
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon mint extract (not peppermint)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and place paper cupcake liners in standard (2 1/2–inch) cupcake tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, oil and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes. Test with toothpick inserted near the center. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely before piping on your icing.
White Chocolate Frosting
Makes 7 cups (Plenty to pipe a generous mound on each cupcake as pictured. If you do not like a lot of icing, you can half this recipe.)
2 cups butter, softened to room temperature
12 ounces white baking chocolate with cocoa butter, chopped
2/3 cup whipping cream
4 cups powdered sugar
1–2 drops of green food coloring
Chocolate mint candy as garnish
You May Also Like
- Place white baking chocolate in a large mixing bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat whipping cream until simmering. Pour hot cream over white baking chocolate; let stand, without stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir until smooth; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Gradually beat softened butter into melted white chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on medium to high speed, beating until combined. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until frosting reaches piping or spreading consistency. Pipe each cupcake with a decorator star tip, size 1M. Garnish with a chocolate mint candy.
One bite of these minty cupcakes will make you feel lucky indeed!
Get more recipes and goodies by following Martha on Twitter @Marthas_Place.