It's been around for decades, and yet many people still don’t know exactly how it works. This foundational system is easier...
3 Minute ReadTopic: budget
When it comes to household purchases, women tend to hold the purse strings. In fact, a Nielsen survey reports that women are projected to control two-thirds of consumer wealth in the U.S. over the next decade.
That brings new meaning to the term “girl power.”
In honor of all the amazing women who take care of their family’s spending, we’ve compiled a fun list of 21 things ladies get about money. So turn up the Spice Girls and enjoy!
1. Target is an affordable mini-vacation.
2. “I said no,” is better than any coupon.
Local experts you can trust.Find an ELP
3. Motorcycles, trucks and sports cars: If you can’t fit two car seats in them, what’s the point?
4. Your investment portfolio includes shoes and purses. Hey, you also put 15% into retirement!
6. Crockpots are a girl’s best friend. (See #21 regarding diamonds.)
7. Paint covers a multitude of sins.
8. If you rotate toys, you don’t have to buy as many.
9. Bacon is an expensive habit. We’re looking at you, guys.
10. Santa Claus checks with you first. Or else he sleeps in the doghouse in the dead of winter.
11. When the cop pulls you over for speeding, you ugly-cry.
12. Leftovers never killed anyone. The longer you can stretch a meal, the less you have to cook.
13. The Super Bowl is not an excuse to buy a giant flat screen.
14. Yes, you have to go to the dentist. Cavities aren’t cheap.
You May Also Like
15. You pick birthday themes based on the dollar store’s current selection.
16. Haircuts are not a luxury. They’re a line item.
17. Bargain shopping is a cheaper hobby than golf.
18. The babysitter is worth her teeny tiny weight in gold. Pay her well.
19. Family portraits are a smart splurge. Let the professional figure out how to keep everyone smiling.
20. There’s no such thing as a DIY plumbing job. It will take twice as long and cost twice as much.
21. Every husband need a savings account labeled Anniversary Gifts.
We could go on and on. But we had to stop somewhere. Suffice it to say that if the Spice Girls had a sixth member, it’d be you: Money Spice.
Way to rock the budget, ladies.
Don’t worry, we have a list for the guys as well. Check out these 23 things that most men get about money.