Check out these four tricks used to get you to spend more (without you knowing it).
2 Minute Read
Whether it’s Mark Cuban, Bob Hope or Bette Davis, there are plenty of famous people with opinions about money. Some are funny. Some are true. Some are listed here.
Check out our picks for 10 of the smartest statements celebrities have ever said about money.
1. “The mint makes it first. It is up to you to make it last.”
–Evan Esar, humorist
Local experts you can trust.Find an ELP
2. “The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it in your pocket.”
–Kin Hubbard, cartoonist and humorist
3. “Money is the opposite of the weather. Nobody talks about it, but everybody does something about it.”
–Rebecca Johnson, novelist
4. “Find something in life that you love doing. If you make a lot of money, that’s a bonus, and if you don’t, you still won’t hate going to work.”
–Jeff Foxworthy, comedian and actor
5. “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.”
–Will Smith, actor and musician
6. “Success isn’t measured by money or power or social rank. Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace.”
–Mike Ditka, former football player and coach
7. “I’ve seen so many people in this business that made a fortune. They get old and broke and can’t make any money. I tell you something . . . no one’s going to play a benefit for Jimmy Dean.”
–Jimmy Dean, musician and actor
You May Also Like
8. “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it.”
–Bob Hope, actor
9. “To fulfill a dream, to be allowed to sweat over lonely labor, to be given a chance to create, is the meat and potatoes of life. The money is the gravy.”
–Bette Davis, actress
10. “I wanted some basketball shoes and my dad basically said ‘Those shoes you have on your feet work. When you have a job, you can get whatever you want.’”
–Mark Cuban, businessman and investor
While money quotes can be creative, the right way to handle your money is pretty straightforward. Live on a budget and save. Stay out of debt. (Start by using our free budgeting tool EveryDollar.) Those are surefire ways to build wealth and change your family tree.
And you can quote us on that.