3 Minute Read
Success is like a slow cooker—it takes time.
It takes a series of small, intentional steps every day. These add up over time, and ordinary people become extraordinary people.
Successful folks don’t win at life because they have a magic pill or top-secret information. They win at life because they work at it for years.
How about you? Have you started your journey to extraordinary success? We think the following six quotes from six of our Smart Conference speakers have the power to introduce significant change in all areas of your life. Check them out:
Local experts you can trust.Find an ELP
1. "In a heart filled with gratitude, there is no room for discontentment." —Rachel Cruze
When you’re truly grateful, you can’t help but find contentment in the blessings all around you. Be happy with what you have, but keep stretching yourself toward your goals.
2. "Kids develop their identity by getting clues from you about what you think about them, feel about them, and hope for them. They become who you think they are." —Dr. Meg Meeker
Parents will always be the biggest influencers in a child’s life. Make sure your kids know how amazing you think they are. Take the time to show your children how deeply you love and believe in them.
3. "Conflict becomes the price we pay for a deeper level of intimacy." —Dr. Les Parrott
When two people get married, they become one. But that doesn’t mean they automatically agree on everything. When you disagree, resolve your conflict with love, respect and mutual kindness.
4. "If you don’t decide what your priorities are in life, everyone else will decide for you." —Christy Wright
You May Also Like
There are times when you just have to say no. Decide who and what is important to you and put these first. If you don’t, other people’s priorities will fill up your calendar for you.
5. "A good relationship test is how a person responds to the word no. Love respects no. Control does not." —Dr. Henry Cloud
Controlling behavior isn’t loving behavior. Are you respecting others when they say no? Are others respecting you? Set healthy boundaries in your relationships early and often. Your opinion matters too.
6. "Your decisions from today forward will affect not only your life, but your entire legacy." —Dave Ramsey
How are you spending your time, your money and your thought life? The groundwork you lay now will affect you (and those around you) well into the future. Your legacy starts now.
How to Get Even Smarter
Dave Ramsey will host this dream team of speakers (and more) at the Smart Conference, a daylong event to help you achieve success in the key areas in your life. You’ll learn from experts on the subjects of money, marriage, parenting and personal growth.
It’s time to stop wondering what you could've accomplished. Take a deep breath, reset, and decide to live smarter. Reserve your seat for the Boston Smart Conference on April 7.