Not Much To File On

Jennifer will need to put the $1,500 her husband made from cutting grass over the summer on their income tax return and pay taxes on it.

QUESTION: Jennifer asks how to claim income from $1,500 from cutting grass this summer.

ANSWER: Put it on your income tax return and pay taxes on it. You won’t be filing a 1040. Just file as a sole proprietor and if you have any expenses associated with that business, you can put those on there as well.

Jump-Start Your Goals!

Jump-Start Your Goals!

Get our 8-Day JUMP START series and weekly newsletter that are packed with articles and tools to help you win with money.

Find a Local Expert

Start with a Local Expert

Get trustworthy guidance to help you save money on life’s most complicated financial decisions.

Find an ELP

Thank You!

Your 8-Day Jump Start is on its way to !