Getting Back Less

Heather and her husband need to do some big-time adjustments on his W4 tax return. Who does he ask to make that happen?

QUESTION: Heather got $8,200 back this year and want to get that monthly. She changed the exemptions on her husband’s tax returns to “2”, but they are not getting the extra money. How far should they have that up?

ANSWER: Go see someone in human resources or payroll, and they can make the right monthly dollar adjustment. It’s not necessarily tied to the number of exemptions on the W4, but payroll can make that adjustment for you.

Jump-Start Your Goals!

Jump-Start Your Goals!

Get our 8-Day JUMP START series and weekly newsletter that are packed with articles and tools to help you win with money.

Find a Local Expert

Start with a Local Expert

Get trustworthy guidance to help you save money on life’s most complicated financial decisions.

Find an ELP

Thank You!

Your 8-Day Jump Start is on its way to !