Interrupter CheckmarkInterrupter IconFacebookGoogle PlusInstagramGroupRamsey SolutionsTwitterYouTubeExpand MenuStoreCloseSearchExpand MenuBackStoreSign in

Ask Dave

Give Children A Christmas Or Home Repair?

Is a sewage problem something so severe that Lee should use his emergency fund and the Christmas money to fix?

QUESTION: Murphy has moved into Lee’s house.  Should he use his emergency fund and the kids’ Christmas money to fix a complicated, expensive sewer problem or cross his fingers and hope the problem goes away?

ANSWER: You can’t live with sewage in your home, so you have to fix this problem.  You should get two or three bids on the job and take the lowest bid.  Then go get another temporary job to help pay for sewer work as well as some Christmas gifts for your kids.