Interrupter CheckmarkInterrupter IconFacebookGoogle PlusInstagramGroupRamsey SolutionsTwitterYouTubeExpand MenuStoreCloseSearchExpand MenuBackStoreSign in

Ask Dave

Recent College Grad Asks How Much Renter's Insurance Do I Need?

Jim is just starting out in life and has a beginner's insurance question.

QUESTION: Jim is a college graduate renting his first apartment.  How much renter’s insurance does he need?

ANSWER: You can get renter’s insurance with a $250 deductible, which usually comes in blocks of $20,000 - $25,000.  If that will cover your things in case of robbery or fire, you can get that through State Farm or Nationwide for about $8 - $10 a month.