Home Warranties Are a Bad Deal

Steven asks if Dave recommends purchasing a home warranty for the first year after buying a home.

QUESTION: Steven on Twitter asks if Dave recommends purchasing a home warranty for the first year after buying a home.

ANSWER: No. I don’t recommend purchasing home warranties at all. I don’t buy extended warranties of any kind. They are about 75% marketing cost, meaning commissions. The other 25% actually covers the events, and if you would just bank what you’re paying for that, you’ve got the money to cover what it would cover. It’s not a good deal.

Jump-Start Your Goals!

Jump-Start Your Goals!

Get our 8-Day JUMP START series and weekly newsletter that are packed with articles and tools to help you win with money.

Reach Your Money Goals

Reach Your Money Goals

Start with a budget. Join the millions already budgeting with EveryDollar!

Create My (FREE) Budget

Thank You!

Your 8-Day Jump Start is on its way to !