Change Your Family Tree

Karen needs help investing the $160,000 her daughter received as a settlement.

QUESTION: Karen’s daughter is 11 years old and has come into $160,000 that will pay her monthly through a settlement.  How should Karen invest this money for her daughter? 

ANSWER: Put the first $2,000 a year into an ESA (educational savings account). 

If the child could possibly have future medical issues related to the accident, you should set aside money for those expenses. 

Invest the rest in good growth stock mutual funds.

Jump-Start Your Goals!

Jump-Start Your Goals!

Get our 8-Day JUMP START series and weekly newsletter that are packed with articles and tools to help you win with money.

Reach Your Money Goals

Reach Your Money Goals

Start with a budget. Join the millions already budgeting with EveryDollar!

Create My (FREE) Budget

Thank You!

Your 8-Day Jump Start is on its way to !