Interrupter CheckmarkInterrupter IconFacebookGoogle PlusInstagramGroupRamsey SolutionsTwitterYouTubeExpand MenuStoreCloseSearchExpand MenuBackStoreSign in

Ask Dave

Grab What You Can

Tom had to get out of his house because of approaching wildfires. What does he need to take with him?

QUESTION: Tom is being evacuated by the fires in California. What documents should he take? Tax returns, vital records and legal forms, to name a few.

ANSWER: I’m sorry for you, Tom. Tax returns for the last 5 years are a good idea, along with any legal documents. The insurance polices, checking account records, and throw it in the car. Stuff on your house might be good, but it's replaceable by the courts. It’s a good idea to scan those things so they are available in the future.