Special Needs Trust?

Christina has a daughter with autism, so Dave thinks she should open up a mutual fund for her daughter's future care.

QUESTION: Christina has a daughter with autism. They are doing their Baby Steps, but they don’t think college planning is in her future. What should they save for regarding her?

ANSWER: Your situation is certainly unique.  I recommend you start a mutual fund that you simply agree belongs to your daughter for future care.  I recommend a Special Needs Trust as well.  This will help down the road after you and your husband pass.

You're a super mom and sound very prepared.