What will teens learn in Generation Change?
Your teenagers will gain a better understanding of their true value in Christ, learn how to make the most of what God has given them, and develop the skills they need to live out a life of biblical stewardship. Dave and his daughter, Rachel Cruze, teach the lessons on DVD, supplemented with student workbooks and a variety of creative, hands-on activities.
Be Who God Created
- Be Yourself Teens will learn that their identity isn't wrapped up in what the world says. Rachel covers contentment and the truth that money itself isn't evil. This lesson also emphasizes that it's not about how much money you have, but rather what you do with money that matters.
- Be Realistic Today's teens are drowning in advertising and hit with peer pressure all day every day. In this lesson, students learn how to fight these pressures—and win. The concepts of debt and net worth are also introduced, along with the question of whether or not it's okay to have nice things.
- Be Aware Teens face a lot of money myths: My parents will always take care of me. One day, I'll have as much money as my parents do now. Teens don't need to budget. Money isn't spiritual. I shouldn't give if I don't have money. This lesson debunks these myths and gives students a new mindset for their money.
Do More With Your Money
- Do the Details A budget is the key to winning with money—even for teens! This lesson teaches basic budgeting, including Dave's cash envelope system and debit card strategies. Plus, students will tackle the subject of wants versus needs.
- Do the Math Math isn't fun. This lesson is. Teens will learn how to prioritize saving over spending and how to save for big things like a car and college. They'll also learn how compound interest works, the basics of mutual funds, and why having an emergency fund is such a big deal.
- Do Your Part What made the Good Samaritan so good? It was his attitude about giving. In this lesson, Dave and Rachel explore the meaning of stewardship. Topics include giving both time and money, understanding the tithe, giving beyond the tithe through offerings, and how teens can make an impact on the world today!
Go Write Your Story
- Go Debt Free What makes debt so dangerous? This eye-opening lesson reveals the truth about debt, from credit cards to student loans, along with strategies for living a debt-free life. Students also learn how a credit score works and why it's no measure of winning with money.
- Go to Work This lesson helps teens start to figure out their purpose in life and how to choose a college major that fits. They'll also learn how to set big goals, create a winning resume, and ace a job interview.
- Go the Distance This lesson shows teens how to follow God's plan through their college years—and after. Topics include how to pick classes, buy books, get scholarships and grants, and more. This lesson also explores the cost of life in the "real world," from insurance to investing. Life takes a plan. They'll get it here!