Frequently Asked Questions
- What is FPU membership?
- When you purchase a Financial Peace University (FPU) membership, you receive all the class materials and access to the FPU online resources you need to succeed. Your membership means that you can attend the FPU class as often as you like. Spouses and engaged couples can attend together with a single membership, and teens living at home are welcome to attend with their parents.
- How often do the classes meet?
- Classes are typically held once per week for nine consecutive weeks.
- How is each class structured?
- Each class session lasts approximately an hour and a half. For the first half of the class, Dave Ramsey teaches on DVD. During the second half, class members come together for a small-group discussion and hands-on activities. Group members support and encourage each other as they work to change their financial futures.
- What is the average size of the class?
- The average class size is between 8–12 families (12–24 people).
- What happens if I miss one class? Can I make it up?
- As part of your membership to FPU, you'll have access to watch the lessons in FPU Central. If you miss a class, you can review that week's lesson and share what stuck out to you with your coordinator when you return the following week. Videos of each lesson are available in FPU Central for 16 weeks.
- How many classes do I need to attend in order to graduate?
- You must attend eight of the nine classes to qualify for a graduation certificate.
- When will the first class start?
- The first class session is usually two weeks after the preview session. In some cases, the coordinator may decide to host a second preview session. In those instances, the class start date may be moved back. Please check with your class coordinator or check our website for updated class start dates.
- Will I be asked to provide any personal financial information?
- A couple of times throughout the nine lessons, we will collect financial data to get a cumulative financial view of the class. This data is strictly confidential and will not be tied to any personally identifiable information.
- Can I get any additional assistance?
- Your FPU membership covers the nine-week class, the ability to attend future FPU classes and access to FPU Central. For more personalized coaching, we offer phone counseling and one-on-one counseling through a network of trained counselors for an additional fee. For more information on counseling, visit the coaching page.
- Who benefits from this program?
- Everyone can benefit from this program, regardless of age (whether you are 21 or 61), income (whether you make $12,000 or $100,000 per year) and marital status. Everyone benefits from FPU!
- How do I get started with Financial Peace University?
- It's easy! Check out this simple, step-by-step method:
- Check our class finder tool to find and enroll in a class near you
- Purchase your FPU membership and materials online, through our customer care center or through your class coordinator
- Show up and begin changing your future
- Are there refunds if I do not like the program?
- Our guarantee is simply this: If you do it, it works! If you don't do it, it won't work! If you work the program, you won't want your money back. If you don't work the program, you don't get your money back.
We will help you as much as needed throughout the program to ensure your success. We truly hope this becomes a major blessing to you and your family!
We all need a plan for our money. Dave's class will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more!Find a Class Now