Does any of this sound or feel familiar to you?
Your boss tells you to make those collectors stop calling you at work. You’d like to, but you don’t know how. You’re really worried this could cost you your job.
Your neighbors are getting calls about your debt, and they don’t like it one bit. You have always gotten along well with them, but this has changed everything.
Your wife talked to a collector. He asked her why she stays married to a deadbeat. She told you she’s been asking herself that same question. That really hurt.
A collector catches you on the phone. You try to explain your situation. He says you are useless and worthless and have no good reason to live. You’re shocked.
An exaggeration? Not at all. These are real abuses that happen to real men and women all over America and Congress seems unwilling to do anything about it.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Spells It Out
In 1977, Congress took dead aim at them with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), making it illegal for collectors to do any of these things:
- Publicly embarrass, slander or use scare tactics on you or others.
- Tell third parties they are trying to collect a debt, or that you owe one.
- Contact you at unusual or inconvenient times—8 a.m. to 9 p.m. your time is okay.
- Call your workplace if you’ve told them in writing this isn’t allowed.
- Be profane, obscene or threaten harm or violence to anyone.
- Repeatedly dial your phone or show up at your home unannounced.
- Make any false, deceptive or misleading representations directly or otherwise.
- Lie about your account, the amount of your debt or what they can do about it.
- Make you, or anyone else, think an arrest and prosecution is a possibility.
Yet the Abuse Goes On
Yes, Congress finally took action. But in spite of the passage of the FDCPA, intentional abuses continue in millions of homes and offices every day.
How do bottom-feeding collectors get away with being so obnoxious and abusive? They have the advantage, and they know it. They break the law on purpose, counting on your ignorance. They hope you won’t think clearly or act rationally under pressure. They think that if they can get you upset enough, you’ll pay them just to get rid of them even if there’s no money left for food or rent. Most importantly, they believe effective, affordable help just isn’t available for the debtor fighting this battle alone.
Well, they are wrong. Effective, affordable help is now just a click away at Collection Bully.
Dave Ramsey Presents: Collection Bully
For years, Dave’s callers have been telling him about the misdeeds of sleazy collectors. Dave has always given the best advice available under the circumstances, but now circumstances have changed. Collection Bully is in his arsenal!
Here’s what Collection Bully offers you. You’ll be connected with a team of skilled attorneys whose only mission is to evaluate claims and sue collectors all over the U.S. Each case matters, and your case will too. You’ll be fully armed and ready to fight, and it costs you nothing until they collect damages.
Collectors are tough and determined, but the Collection Bully team isn’t going to flinch. Don’t go it alone. Do what Dave would tell you to do. Check out Collection Bully right now and see what they can do for you.